Male infertility is a major concern for many couples trying to conceive. Medical statistics have shown that in more than 50% of infertile couples, male infertility is a significant contributor.
The known and significant causes for Male Infertility are:
- Absence of sperms in the seminal fluid. This happens in a small fraction of cases, and it can be due to a blockage or inability to form sperms. This can be detected by a biopsy
- Low sperm motility – Motility is the ability of a sperm to move towards an egg. This can also be thought of as the ‘quality’ of the sperm, which is a factor in successful pregnancies, as opposed to the ‘quantity’. Sperm which do not properly ‘swim’, will not reach the egg in order to fertilize it.
- Low sperm count – A man will be considered infertile if his sperm count is less than less than 20 million/mL of semen. While these levels are prescribed by leading health organizations, it has been observed that men with low sperm counts will prove to be fertile, while some with higher counts will have problem having a child.
- All men have a percentage of abnormal sperms. In fact even up to 70 % abnormal sperms are considered acceptable. Only when abnormal sperms reach significantly high level abnormal sperms find it difficult to penetrate the egg and fertility is effected.
For cases (b) to (d) life style modifications, and nutritional supplements or medicine can improve the quality of sperm and increase chances of fertility. Herbal Remedies for Male Infertility
Addyzoa is a non-hormonal herb mineral supplement, and reduces the excessive oxidative stress (ROS), which is responsible for sperm damage. It has been known to improve semen density sperm count and quantity and increase the chances of conception.
Shilajit Gold – to enhance libido and improve sexual performance
Shilajit Gold is a potent aphrodisiac for men which restores sexual vigor, vitality and stamina. It is a powerful sex stimulant and improves sexual health and treats impotence. Its key ingredients, Shilajit, Kesar and Gold powder/Swarna Bhasma, rejuvenate the body, enhance male libido, and increase sexual potency.
Here are some lifestyle modifications tips:-
- Avoid sleeping during the day, have at least eight hours of proper night sleep.
- Do light exercise
- Avoid wearing tight undergarments
- Avoid hot bath
- Don’t work with a laptop on the lap
- Don’t sit on foam or leather seats for extended periods
- Eat nuts, fruits and vegetables
- No tobacco
- Avoid Over indulgence in alcohol, and other intoxicants like cocaine,marijuana etc
- Drink plenty of fluids