As we mentioned in previous articles, infertility is defined as inability of a couple to conceive after 12 months of unprotected sexual intercourse or can not carry the pregnancy to term. It effects over 5 millions couple alone in the US and many times more in the world. Because of unawareness of treatments, only 10% seeks help from professional specialist. In this article, we will discuss What is blood deficiency in traditional Chinese medicine in treating infertility.
II. How blood deficiency in TCM effect fertility
When there are any deficiencies in the body, such as blood deficiency, our brain's primitive reaction for survival decreases the blood flow to the reproductive organ, leading to reproductive system working at minimum state or completely shutting off.
1. In men
Because of not enough blood flow into the test region leading to all kind of reproductive system disorder including little sperm count and lower the sexual desire.
2. In women
Blood deficiency leads to abnormal function of reproductive system in regulating menstrual cycle that disrupts the production of egg or produces poor quality egg and makes uterine mucus hostile to sperm.
Tradition Chinese medicine view blood deficiency is caused by weakened spleen organ, thereby, reducing the spleen function in blood formation, leading to causes not enough blood to distribute to the body such as absence of (no blood for) menstruation.
There are many symptoms including
1. Palpitations caused by your heart has to work harder, because of no enough blood in the body.
2. Forgetfulness and poor memory caused by not enough oxygen delivering to the nervous cells need
3. Insomnia: because of brain cells can not transmit information between themselves, leading to over production of certain hormones.
5. Shortness of breath: you lung has to harder to provide oxygen to your body needs.
6. Dizziness and fatigue is due to oxygen and energy shortage.
7. Constipation due to lack of fluid in the body
9. Pale complexion: lack of blood